Taking care of you for over 30 years - Company Message
RSS

Recent Posts

Missing Dad.
Simplicity!
Chiropractic misconception
See what nerve pressure looks like.
Visiting Dr. G

Visiting Dr.G
wrong ideas
X-Ray and centainty.
powered by

My Blog

Chiropractic and X-ray

Having been a Chiropractor for over 35 years, I have definite considerations about
the use of X-ray in the Chiropractic Office. Is it necessary?  Only if you want your doctor to know what is wrong with you before he begins his work. The motto is "know before you go".
  Yes, results can be achieved without the use of x-ray, but why put your health at risk. Would you go into the hospital  for heart surgery if the doctor didn't know what was needed. You wouldn't want the doctor to guess, there might not be a second guess.
  In Chiropractic the only way to "know" is to see the spine, thus the necessity of x-ray. In my first 30 years of practice, I would never adjust a patient without an x-ray. To do so would be a
ripoff to the patient. I also used full spine x-rays, which show the entire spine as the patient stands. If you are going to correct a patients posture, you better know what is making it go out
of alignment.
  I know that there are Chiropractic offices around who offer low cost service and do not require an x-ray.  So its up to the patient, do you want to take a chance on a guess or do you
require certainty.
  I have also done considerable research on the negative effects of radiation on the body.  Many years ago radiation was used to cure disease, where now days it is considered to cause it.  So its up to the discretion of the Chiropractor to use or not use x-ray.  Having had a couple of large Chiropractic offices, I now practice out of my apartment in North Hollywood.  So I do
treat some patients without an x-ray, but I always tell them that to really know what is going on with their spine, an x-ray is needed. I refer them to an imaging center where the cost is about $50, well worth it as there are some spinal situations that if undiagnosed can inhibit the patient response. As an example, I had a friend come to see me for Chiropractic care, and after adjusting his spine on two occasions, I felt that an x-ray was needed.  After so many years, the doctor just know when something is needed.  So since he was a Veterinarian he went to his office and took an x-ray.  Sure enough he had a spondylolisthesis of L-5, which requires a specific type of adjustment, not the routine type. Without that information, I would not have gotten good results and in fact could have worsened his condition.
  In closing, let me say that I regularly hear from a patient that their doctor took x-rays and said that there was nothing wrong.  Really?  In all of my years of practice, I have never, ever seen a spinal x-ray that did not show something wrong. It all depends on who is doing the looking.

20 Comments to Chiropractic and X-ray:

Comments RSS
top celebrity jackets on Thursday, September 07, 2017 9:54 PM
Communication is an important thing in all around the world and that is why you must be skilled about communication. I appreciate a lot that Chiropractic is all about communication between the brain and nervous system, such communication going to every tissue and organ in the body. Thanks for sharing...

best essays writers on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:57 PM
The chirpractic and x ray for the results achieved without the use of x-ray and making with this goforthchiropractic site. The going to correct a patients posture, you better know what is making alignment.

help with essay on Sunday, December 31, 2017 9:13 PM
Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work

info about dead-trig on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:58 PM
I truly delighted in perusing your article. I discovered this as an instructive and fascinating post, so I think it is extremely helpful and learned. I might want to thank you for the exertion you have made in composing this article

getapk market on Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:17 PM
A great degree energizing article thanks for sharing it to each one of us. Looking forward to more information and you have continually intrigued me. Thank you for creating an article that has amazing substance and is well formed and even I am recived by your composed style as well.

millerjhon on Friday, July 19, 2019 10:23 AM
Pleasant blog. Need more data on your subject. I need to think about this blog. I will have returned to see the update.

lewisjhon on Sunday, July 21, 2019 4:07 AM
We truly value the sort of points you post here and best work you have done, keep it up

asifali on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:49 AM
Extraordinary Information,it has part for stuff which is informative.I will impart the post to my companions.

morgan on Thursday, July 25, 2019 10:56 PM
A debt of gratitude is in order for the blog article. Really anticipating read more. keep it up such pleasant data.

hessjhon on Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:15 AM
All the information you share in this is great. Keep sharing.

adward on Saturday, August 10, 2019 2:28 AM
Thanks for your nice posting. I truly thanksful in reading this blog.

rizwan on Monday, August 26, 2019 1:20 AM
I jumped at the chance to thank you for this outstanding read!! I completely had an incredible time each and every negligible piece of it.

usman on Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:38 AM
Great post, the subject is very useful and instructive for me. Keep doing the good work. Respects

tanveer on Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:57 PM
This is an instructive blog, it incorporates useful and significant information in regards to hair care. Thanks for sharing the instructive and great post.

eliza on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:23 AM
I should state you have worked superbly with this. Additionally, the blog stacks amazingly speedy for me on Chrome. Remarkable Blog!

allina on Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:14 AM
I'm Getting Excited About This Kind Of Beneficial Information Of Your Stuff In The Future

harrison on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:34 PM
I think I have never observed such blogs ever that has complete things with all subtleties which I need. So compassionately update this ever for us.

elliott on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:39 AM
This is my so much time visit at here and I am genuinely pleassant to read everthing at single spot.

emerson on Friday, October 04, 2019 7:27 AM
I am really Pleased. exceptionally valuable and informative Article. Nice occupation

eldon on Friday, October 04, 2019 10:59 PM
You have tried in causing this post.I to have read the content thought that it was awesome to read.Keep composing increasingly comparative articles.